Terms & Conditions
- When you place an 'offer to purchase goods' (order) by completing and submitting an electronic order for any material or product (in this agreement 'resources') by submitting a completed order form on our website, www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk , you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract with us. Your contract with us will only commence when we, www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk , confirm acceptance of your order by email or by letter. We will then agree to supply the resources listed on the said order. You will still receive an automatic confirmation that your offer to purchase (order) has been received and that the order is being processed.
- Any advice or recommendations given by any representative of www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk to the buyer relating to resources, which is not confirmed in writing by www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk, will not be binding on www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk.
- Any variation to these terms and conditions will be acknowledged on the website.
- Throughout the website and ordering process and in all correspondence we use the English Language. No other languages are available on this website.
In submitting an order the buyer acknowledges that:
- All information and specifications relating to the resources produced by a publisher are approximate and all errors on the website may be corrected without any liability to www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk. Covers may vary from those supplied because of monitor and printer capabilities and last minute changes made by publishers.
- www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk may make any changes to the specification of the resources to conform to any statutory or European requirements.
Right of Withdrawal
- The buyer has the right to withdraw from the contract within 7 working days of submitting the order for the resources by giving written notice of withdrawal and www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk shall credit the buyer's card for the price of the resources withdrawn. This will include any charges made against small orders and any postage charge levied.
- All prices quoted on the site are in pounds sterling, and are correct at the time of last update. Prices are subject to change from time to time, and should the product price differ we will confirm that the customer will accept the goods at the new price before they are dispatched
- The price of the resources includes any applicable Value Added Tax (VAT), which the buyer shall be liable to pay www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk. Our VAT number being 793437200.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards, with all payments to www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.ukwill be processed via PayPal UK.
- All charges to credit/debit cards will be made at the time the goods are ordered. Any fraudulent use of Credit/Debit cards will be notified to the authorities along with any identification details that were supplied with the order.
- Any refund made to the Buyer's credit or Debit card shall be subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Issuing Bank and therefore be subject to any time delay as specified by the Issuing Bank. No liability shall be placed on www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk for any delay that is outside of their control. A correct cardholder name and address must be supplied with every order if it is different to the buyer's.
- All accepted orders will be processed by Shepherds Christian Bookshop, 131-132 Lower Dock Street, Newport, South Wales, NP20 1EG. We will debit your payment card for these goods and our name will appear on your statement against the purchase.
- The price of the resources includes any applicable Value Added Tax (VAT), which the buyer shall be liable to pay www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk.
- If the buyer does not take delivery of the resources or give www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk adequate delivery instructions then no duty of care shall apply, any loss or damage or deterioration to the resources shall not render www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk liable.
- If the buyer does not receive all the goods as specified on the original order then the buyer must notify www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk in writing within 14 working days from the date of delivery. If the buyer does not inform www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk in writing within the specified time then no liability will be attached to www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk. In any event any loss or damage suffered by the buyer as a result of such a delivery shall be limited to the price of the goods not delivered or the cost of replacement resources.
- Risk of damage or loss of the resources shall pass to the Buyer on delivery or, if the Buyer fails to take delivery of the Goods, the time when the Supplier has tried to deliver the Goods.
- Title shall pass to the buyer on delivery of the goods.
Warranty and Ownership
- Subject to the conditions set out below www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk warrants that the resources will correspond with the order at the time of delivery and will be free from defects on delivery. If www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk is in breach of this warranty the buyer shall notify www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk within 14 working days from the date of discovery of the defect. On receiving a notice of failure of warranty www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk may, at its sole option either replace all the faulty resources or refund the price of the resources that are defective. This shall be the extent of the liability of www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk and no consequential loss claim of any kind shall be made against www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk.
- If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is defective, we will be happy to refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and your costs in returning it to us. Where you are withdrawing from your purchase within the seven working days cooling-off period, we will also refund the normal postage charge for the delivery of that item but we cannot refund any priority, express or courier component of the postage charge. You will be responsible for those charges and the costs of any other services provided to you in connection with your purchase.
Your Statutory Rights
- At www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk we want you to be happy every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may want to return items. That's why under our "no quibbles" guarantee if, for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition within 14 days of the date you received the item.
- By law, you also have the right to withdraw from your purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item is delivered to you. This applies to all of our products except for where the item has been downloaded. We regret that we also cannot accept cancellations of contracts for the purchase of video, DVD, audio, CD and software products where the item has been unsealed.
- To cancel your purchase under this cooling-off period, please put a note in with your product explaining the reason for the return as "contract cancellation". Please package the relevant item securely and send it to us with the delivery slip so that we receive it within seven working days of the day after the date that the item was delivered to you. The return address is: Returns Department Shepherds Christian Bookshop, 131-132 Lower Dock Street, Newport, South Wales, NP20 1EG.
- For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service.
- Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error, or if the item is faulty. As soon as we receive notice of your cancellation of this order, we will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that item together with the item's normal postage charge, we cannot refund any priority, express or courier component of the postage charge. For more information on your right to withdraw from your purchase within the seven working day cooling-off period, visit the Department of Trade and Industry's website at: http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/guide/homeshop.htm#cooling
Withdrawal of Goods
- www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk may withdraw the sale or distribution of any resources produced by or generally supplied by www.shepherdschristianbookshop.co.uk without prior notice, or liability, to the Buyer.
- The Contract and these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to English and Welsh law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts. These Terms and Conditions are also in line with The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and the EU Distance Sales Directive of 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
Still got questions?
Please phone or e-mail us and we'll be happy to provide the information you need